Size Range: 2" through 42"
Material: Cast iron base plate, stand roll; steel adjusting screws
Finish: Plain, Zinc Plated (Hot-Dip Galvanized optional) or Resilient Coated
Service: For support of pipe lines where longitudinal movement due to expansion and contraction may occur and where vertical and lateral adjustment during installation may be required.
Maximum Temperature: 400° F at roller, 300° F resilient coated roller.
Approvals: Complies with Federal Specification A-A-1192A (Type 46), WW-H-171-E (Type 47),
ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Type 46).
Installation: Base plate is provided with two holes for anchorage to floor, pier, structural support and similar constructions, as well as to welded steel brackets Fig. 195 and Fig. 199. Adjustable pipe roll stand without base plate, Fig. 275, can be used for supporting tunnel piping, etc., by resting ends of adjusting screws on structural steel angles, channels, etc.
Adjustment: Vertical adjustment is obtained by use of the four adjusting screws located on corners of stand. Lateral adjustment is secured by stand sliding on each of adjusting screws.
Features: Advantages of pipe rollers with a protective resilient coated covering.
- Non conductive pipe rollers - prevent the passing of current from pipeline to structure.
- Corrosion resistant - for protection against severe weather conditions, moderate corrosive conditions such as marine atmospheres and weather resistant to ultra-violet radiation.
- Low coefficient of friction between pipe and resilient coated pipe roller.
How to size:
- If roll is to support bare pipe, select the size directly from nominal pipe size.
- If used with pipe covering protection saddle, see Figs. 160 – 166A submittals for size of pipe roll.
Ordering: Specify pipe roll size, figure number, name and finish. For further dimensions of stand, see Fig. 271. Be certain to order oversized rolls when insulation and protection saddles are required.
Note: Refer to Fig. 75 SD and 76 SD for additional pipe roll designs. Standard line of carbon steel base plates available.