- Brace Pipe: 1" or 1-1/4" Sch. 40 IPS
- Service Line: 1" through 8"
Material: Ductile iron, shear head bolts and hex head mounting bolt
Finish: Plain or Zinc Plated
Service: Used to rigidly brace piping systems subjected to sway and seismic disturbances. Brace pipe fitting component of Anvil's 700 series sway brace assembly. Functions as a sway brace attachment that is directly attached to Fig. 772 Adjustable Beam Attachment, Fig. 778 Bar Joist Attachment and Fig. 779 Multi-Connector Adapter. Can be utilized as a brace fitting for either a lateral brace or a longitudinal brace, that can be mounted on horizontal or vertical structures.
Approvals: UL and ULC Listed (UL 203A:2009), and FM Approved (FM 1950:2010). Complies with seismic bracing requirements of NFPA-13. Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) State of California approved.
- Requires no threading of bracing pipe
- Sway brace fitting designed for concentric loadings of seismic connections and fasteners.
- Mount Figure 771 Sway Brace Fitting to structure using suitable fasteners as defined by NFPA-13.
- Place the Schedule 40 brace pipe into the brace pipe connector until it bottoms out.
- Tighten shear bolt until the head shears off. The use of an impact wrench is not recommended.
- Then position the brace pipe to the appropriate angle.
- Ensure that the brace fitting hex bolt is tightened to a minimum torque value of 40 Ft-Lbs.
Ordering: Specify brace pipe diameter, figure number, name and finish.