- Beam Widths: 4" through 15"
- Flange Thickness: 1/2" through 1-1/4"
- Minimum Flange Thickness: 3/8" (FM), 1/2" (UL)
- Type A: Flange Thickness Range: 1/2" – 3/4"
- Type B: Flange Thickness Range: 7/8" – 1-1/4"
Material: Carbon steel
Finish: Plain or Zinc Plated
Service: Used to rigidly brace piping systems subjected to sway and seismic disturbances. Structural attachment component of Anvil's 700 series sway brace assembly. For attachment to the bottom flange of structural steel beams. Can be utilized as a structural connection for either a lateral brace or a longitudinal brace.
Approvals: UL and ULC Listed (UL 203A:2009), and FM Approved (FM 1950:2010). Complies with seismic bracing requirements of NFPA-13. Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) State of California approved.
- Permits secure quick connection to a structural steel beam where drilling and/or welding of a brace connection is not allowed or is not easily accomplished.
- Adjustable sizes to insure a proper fit for a wide range of beam widths and flange thicknesses.
- Steel beam attachment is designed for concentric loadings of seismic connections and fasteners.
- Functions as a lateral or longitudinal structural connection of a sway brace assembly
- Place Figure 772 on structural beam by loosening 1/2" hex bolts to correctly position C-clamp bodies.
- C-clamp bodies should fully bottom out on the flange of beam.
- Tighten 1/2" shear bolt until the head shears off. The use of an impact wrench is not recommended.
- Tighten 1/2" hex head bolt into C-clamp bodies until lock washers bottom out on C-channel and the required torque of 55 Ft-Lbs is achieved.
- Attach 700 Series Anvil Brace Fittings to the center bolt and adjust orientation as needed for proper brace angle.
Ordering: Specify figure number, type, L channel Dim. (length), name and finish.