- Service Pipe: 1" through 6" Sch. 10 and Sch. 40 IPS UL and FM Approved.
- Service Pipe: 1" through 6" Flow Pipe FM Approved.
- Brace Pipe: 1" or 1-1/4" Sch. 40 IPS
Material: Carbon steel
Finish: Brace Rod: Plain, Channel Bracket: Zinc Plated
Service: Used to rigidly brace piping systems subjected to sway and seismic disturbances. Pipe clamp component of Anvil's 700 series sway brace assembly. Primarily a lateral brace clamp and applicable as a riser/four way brace.
Approvals: UL and ULC Listed (UL 203A:2009), and FM Approved (FM 1950:2010). Complies with seismic bracing requirements of NFPA-13. Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) State of California approved.
- Used to brace schedules 10 IPS, 40 IPS (UL and FM), and Sch. 7 IPS flow pipe (FM).
- Field adjustable design requires no threading of bracing pipe
- Can be used as a component of a four-way brace support
- Functions as a lateral brace application
- Minimum brace pipe extension 2" beyond channel bracket or brace clamp rod end. Note: 6" sizes are supplied with retaining plate that assembles between sprinkler system pipe and brace pipe. Not required for FM applications.
- The brace clamp channel bracket can be installed inside or outside the service pipe at the end of the brace pipe.
- The Q brace clamp must be a minimum of 6" away from a pipe joint in order to not weaken the pipe joint.
- Riser/4-way brace - The Q brace clamps must be installed within 6" of each other.
- Adjust brace angle as necessary.
- Tighten hex nuts until spring indicating clip is completely flattened and the required torque of 14 Ft-Lbs is achieved. For sizes 2" - 3", 4" x 1", 5" x 1", and 6" continue tightening to a torque of 16 Ft-Lbs.
Ordering: Specify service pipe diameter, brace pipe diameter, figure number, name and finish.