Finish: Painted or Galvanized
Service: Used to restrain movement of piping in one direction while allowing movement in the other two directions.
How to size:
- Select size consistent with max. load to be restrained.
- C to C is obtained by subtracting E and A from the distance from structural steel to center of pipe. Verify that the calculated C to C is within the min/max limits.
Installation: Shipped assembled. Securely fasten bracket to structure, make necessary adjustment in overall length, and fasten clamp to pipe.
- Assembly provides a shorter C to C dimension.
- Effective under either tensile or compressive force.
- Self-aligning bushings permit ±5 misalignment or angular motion. Bushings are coated with a dry lubricant.
Ordering: Specify assembly size, figure number, name, finish, pipe O.D. or option number, if other than standard, and load. Ex: Size A-1, Fig. 222 mini sway strut 10-3/4 O.D. pipe, 650#. Alloy pipe clamps are available as a special order. For restraint parallel to the pipe axis using two sway strut assemblies, a riser clamp is available. Contact your Anvil representative for information about this clamp.
Note: The rear bracket assembly can be ordered separately