Standard Finish: Painted with semi-gloss primer.
Corrosion Resistant: Anvil offers corrosion-resistant and weather resistant Variable Spring Hangers to fill vital needs in the chemical and refinery industries as well as in modern outdoor power plant construction. For protection against severe weather conditions or moderate corrosive conditions, the parts of the hanger are galvanized per ASTM A-153, except the spring, which has a protective coating and the load column for Type F, which is electro-galvanized.
Advantages of a Protective Coating:
- Protects from a wide range of corrosives.
- Does not affect the flex life of the spring.
- Recommended for ambient temperatures up to 200° F
Travel stop: The functional design of the pre-compressed variable spring hanger permits the incorporation of a two-piece travel stop that locks the hanger spring against upward or downward movement for temporary conditions of underload or overload. The complete travel stop, the up travel stop only for cold set purposes or the down travel stop only which may be employed during erection, hydrostatic test (Anvil permits a hydrostatic test load of 2 times the normal operating load for the spring hanger) or chemical cleanout will be furnished only when specified. The travel stop is painted red and is installed at the factory with a caution tag attached calling attention that the device must be removed before the pipe line is put in service. Permanently attached travel stops available upon request.
Approvals: WW-H-171E (Types 51, 56 and 57), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Types 51, 52 and 53).
Specifications: Anvil Variable Spring Hangers are welded in strict accordance with ASME Section IX.
Size Range: The Anvil Variable Spring Hanger in five series and seven types is offered in twenty-three sizes (Fig. B-268 only is offered in twenty-five sizes). The hanger can be furnished to take loads 10 lbs. to 50,000 lbs.
- Figure number
- Product name
- Desired supporting force in operating position
- Calculated amount and direction of pipe movement from installed to operating position.
- Customer’s identification number (if any)
- When ordering Type F spring specify if roller or guided load column is to be furnished.
- When ordering Type G, specify total load and load per spring plus center to center rod dimensions.
- If required, specify with travel stop
- When ordering corrosion resistant, specify C-268, C-82, C-98, Triple-CR, or Quadruple-CR “ completely galvanized except coated spring coil”.
Note: To help alleviate the problem of lifting large size spring hangers into position for installation, this product is available with lifting lugs (if required) on sizes weighing one hundred pounds or more.