Size Range: Eight standard sizes with load ratings from 350 to 120,000 pounds.
Finish: Basic unit is corrosion resistant salt bath nitrided. Attachments are painted with semi gloss primer, carbon zinc or other.
Service: For use on piping systems or equipment when unrestrained thermal movement must be allowed, but which must be restrained during impulsive or cyclic disturbance. The unit is not effective against low amplitude, high frequency movement. Use with standard settings to prevent destructive response to earthquakes, flow transients or wind load. Special settings are available to absorb the continuous thrust resulting from safety valve blow-off or pipe rupture.
Standard Settings: The standard settings are: Locking (activation) velocity 8 ± 2 in/min. Bleed rate (post activation) at normal rated load 4 ± 1 in/min. (Special settings are available). The valves are calibrated at the factory within the tolerances indicated at room temperature. Locking velocity and bleed rate will vary with temperature. Testing has indicated that there is little effect of these changes on dynamic operation.
- Temperature compensating valves minimize the effects of temperature on lockup and bleed.
- Pressurized reservoirs
- Continuous operation at 150° F with brief transients to 340° F
- Factory calibrated valves
- Rapid, positive valve closure
- Special design minimizes the “lost motion” which results from the shifting and seating of piston seals
- Unlocked resisting force is less than 17-1/2 pounds for sizes 1/4 and 1/2 and less than 2% of rated load for larger sizes
- Stable non-flammable, long life hydraulic fluid
- Self-aligning bushings permit ± 5° misalignment or angular motion. Bushings are coated with a dry lubricant.
- Choice of coating (paint, primer, carbo zinc, epoxy, plating or other) for attachments.
- Direct replacement for Fig. 306/307 Pacific Scientific (PSA) mechanical snubbers: Exact load ratings, exact pin sizes, exact stroke lengths and exact pin-to-pin dimensions. The cross sectional dimensions of the Fig. 3306 are based on those of PSA to facilitate non-interference one-to-one replacement. Pins, clamps, pivot mounts, extension pieces, and rear brackets used with PSA snubbers are compatible with the Fig. 3306 and can be utilized.
- New installations: For new installations, the Fig. 3306 is available with a complete line of pipe clamps and rear brackets.