U.S. Southern Customer Service and Distribution Center
1401 Valley View Lane,
Irving, TX 75061-3541
Sq. footage: 200,000
What’s unique: A 2,500 sq. ft. training facility. Fifty-four warehouse bay doors and 25-ft doors with ramps to allow trucks to fuly enter the facility inside if needed. The Irving distribution center plays a very integral part of Anvil’s growth in this geographic location, including its role as being the primary source of products for the Oil patch communities.
How it maintains stock / warehouse / shipping:
- Stock is maintained in a vertical selective pallet racking system, accommodating 25,000 pallets, plus cantilever racking for the efficient storage of thread rod and strut products.
- Material is inventoried and warehoused via the use of a computerized warehouse management system directly linked to the Anvil network and AS400 system.
- Each SKU maintained at this facility in support of Anvil client demand requirements is warehoused in a primary/secondary manner to assist in insuring accurate inventory management capabilities.
- All client orders received by our inside sales department are keyed, confirmed and transferred to the WMS for order fulfillment scheduling. Orders are assigned to our warehouse picking/shipping staff in an expedient manner to maintain maximum shipping and receiving flexibility.
- Anvil maintains contracts with a core fleet of carriers to provide efficiently consistent delivery services to our clients.