U.S. Northern Customer Service and Distribution Center
750 Central Avenue
University Park, IL. 60484
Sq. footage: Total: 192,000 Warehouse: 176,000
What’s unique: The University Park Regional Service Center was Anvil International’s 1st venture into the Regional warehousing concept in 1999. This Center employs a highly skilled and experienced workforce in each of its business component groups, enabling expedient service from Order entry to fulfillment, and ongoing service.
How it maintains stock / warehouse / shipping:
- Stock is maintained in a vertical selective pallet racking system, accommodating 24,000 pallets, plus cantilever racking for the efficient storage of thread rod and strut products.
- Material is Inventoried and warehoused via the use of a computerized warehouse management system, directly linked to the Anvil network and AS400 system.
- Each SKU maintained at this facility in support of Anvil client demand requirements is warehoused in a primary/secondary manner to assist in insuring accurate inventory management capabilities.
- All client orders received by our inside sales department are keyed, confirmed, and transferred to the WMS for order fulfillment scheduling. Orders are assigned to our warehouse picking/shipping staff in an expedient manner to maintain maximum shipping and receiving flexibility.
- Anvil maintains contracts with a core fleet of carriers to provide efficiently consistent delivery services to our clients.