U.S. Eastern Distribution Center
800 Malleable Road
Columbia, Pa. 17512
Sq. footage: Primary 76,000, Secondary storage 33,000
What’s unique: The U.S. Eastern Distribution Center, located at the Anvil manufacturing plant in Columbia, Pennsylvania, creates an in-depth partnership and distribution synergies for products produced at this plant, to all Anvil regional facilities.
How it maintains stock / warehouse / shipping:
- Stock is maintained in a vertical selective pallet racking system accommodating 11,200 pallets, plus cantilever racking for the efficient storage of thread rod and strut products.
- Material is inventoried and warehoused via the use of a computerized warehouse management system directly linked to the Anvil network and AS400 system.
- Each SKU maintained at this facility in support of Anvil client demand requirements is warehoused in a primary/secondary manner to assist in insuring accurate inventory management capabilities.
- All client orders received by our inside sales department once keyed and confirmed, are transferred to the WMS for order fulfillment scheduling. Orders are assigned to our warehouse picking/shipping staff in an expedient manner to maintain maximum shipping and receiving flexibility.
- Anvil maintains contracts with a core fleet of carriers to provide efficiently consistent delivery services to our clients.